History of the Company
Important dates in the history of Graepel
1889 - BUDAPEST (Hungary)
Foundation of the Hugo Graepel industry for perforated metals
1908 - HANNOVER (Germany)
Foundation of the Claudius Graepel industry for perforated metals
1919 - HALBERSTADT (Germany)
Transfer of the company from Hannover to Halberstadt
1944 - HALBERSTADT
Russian occupation of Eastern Germany: expropriation and nationalization of the company
1948 - LOENINGEN (Western Germany)
Foundation of the Friedrich Graepel GmbH, now Friedrich Graepel AG
1959 - KINSALE (Ireland)
Foundation of Graepel Perforators Ltd. Production of perforated metal commences in Kinsale.
1967 - SABBIONETA (Italy)
Foundation of Graepel Italiana di Riko Graepel, now Graepel Italiana S.p.A.
1971 - WARRINGTON (England)
Graepel Perforators Ltd. takes over a competitor
1976 - Kinsale (Ireland)
Graepel comences production of woven mesh in Kinsale
1980 - GLASGOW (Scotland)
Another competitor is taken over by Graepel Perforators Ltd.
1990 - SEEHAUSEN (Germany)
Friedrich Graepel AG takes over STUV GmbH.
2009 - Kinsale (Ireland)
Graepel Perforators and Weavers celebrate 50 years in business